PE and Sport Premium
The government is providing additional PE & Sports funding to sustain and improve the provision of physical education (PE) and sports in primary schools. This funding - provided jointly by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport – must be used for additional funding to improve their provision of PE and sport. Still, schools have the freedom to choose how they do this. At Maple Grove, we are committed to ensuring our children understand the importance of being active, having a healthy lifestyle and enjoying sports and games.
This is an outlook of the Sports Premium money at Maple Grove Primary School. Objectives in spending Sport/s Premium:
- Audit of the schools’ PE and sport provision.
- In school PE support.
- Increase knowledge of new and different sports.
- Involve children in more active lifestyles.
- Support for the health and wellbeing intervention.
- Enhance after school clubs with quality external coaches.