- At Maple Grove Primary School, we aim to provide children access to enriching, diverse and creative curriculum that balance all the aspects of computing. Technology has revolutionised the way we live, study and work. We follow PurpleMash Schemes of Work to deliver the computing curriculum.
- Parenting in a Digital World - Advice for Parents
- Our intent is that pupils build and excel their knowledge and understanding of computer science in which pupils are introduced to a wide range of technology. This enables them to understand and apply the fundamental principles and concepts of computer science, including abstraction, logic, algorithms and data representation. They have opportunities to analyse problems in computational terms, and have repeated practical experience of writing computer program in order to solve such problems.
- To ensure that Remote Learning Platforms are established, so that should the need arise children can access education remotely on Online Learning platforms
- We provide a high-quality computing education that equips pupils to become digitally literate so that they are able to express themselves and develop their ideas through information and computer technology, allow them to continually practice and improve the skills they learn so that they become creative users of computing technology suitable for the future workplace.
- Computing has deep links with other subject areas too mathematics, science, engineering and design and technology, and provides insights into both natural and artificial systems. It is a subject that is ever evolving hence it is vital that pupils develop skills and inquisitiveness to become life- long learners taking responsibility of their own learning.
- Maple Grove Primary School takes Internet safety extremely seriously. Our curriculum therefore places equal emphasis on teaching ‘Online Safety’ in line with the expectations of Keeping Children Safe in Education 2021 (KCSIE 2021) and Guidance on safeguarding and remote education during coronavirus.
What is Purple Mash?
Purple Mash is a comprehensive suite of online learning tools and content, designed to be used by Primary aged children in the classroom and at home.
Find out more here: https://2simple.com/parents
An overview of the scheme of work for each year group can be viewed by following the links below.